Solid Rock Camp and Retreat Center's history goes back to 1949 when Joe Gianesin, a missionary with The American Sunday School Union (later known as The American Missionary Fellowship and now known as InFaith), began holding youth Bible camps at a rented location north of Woodland Park called Camp Ewing, Colorado College's Geology Camp. He called his camp program "Camp Victory." At the end of that decade, old Camp Ewing was sold and no longer available for rental.
In 1957, part of the current property was purchased. In 1958, a dining hall and two cabins were constructed. This new camp was named "Camp IANA" (I Am Not Ashamed). An association was formed of small, rural, independent churches from throughout southern Colorado to own and govern the camp. Joe Gianesin continued as director for many years. Over the next number of years, more cabins were built. The chapel was built in 1962.
For the next four decades, Camp IANA had a thriving ministry to young people, helping them to know Jesus more deeply. In the 1990s, approximately 45 additional acres were purchased and added to the camp property. This property included the rocky ridge that rises to the east of the main camp area. Around the turn of the millennium, the relationship with American Missionary Fellowship was ended. Unfortunately, a period of decline set in. Camp IANA held its last camps in 2006.
At this point, the Camp IANA board decided to donate the camp to another like-minded ministry. Proposals were solicited, including one from Little Chapel of the Hills in nearby Divide, Colorado, a member of the Camp IANA Association. Little Chapel proposed to use the camp for local outreach and to restore a vibrant camping ministry. In April of 2008, the property was transferred to Little Chapel of the Hills. Its name was then changed to Solid Rock Camp and Retreat Center. Since then, we have been working, as the Lord has directed and provided, to achieve the goals of that original proposal.